20 July 2008

Sunday, Family Day

It has been quite some time since me and family went to Butterworth to my cousin sis's place. As I still have my graduation photo taken by so called professional photographer not collected, we decided to go to Butterworth and to visit cousin sis and family.
Reached Penang Jetty and there were a lot of cars. And it started raining heavily. It was pretty cloudy in the morning and it started pouring as we get close to the port. The lining up took quite some time and there we go on board. We noticed leaking in the roof of the ferry. Several leaking spots and the floor is wet. It looks as though it's raining in the ferry.

*There's a lil river in the ferry!*

Then we reached Butterworth Jetty and it was still raining non-stop. Went to the photo studio first and I found that the frame and the wordings that I paid extra for is not what I expected. The wordings are not directly printed into our photos but is attached with the frame of the photo. That means it's the same for everyone. With no name of person, no course of study and no grade of graduation. Pretty disappointing as compared to what UTAR offers sis. One 4R photo of the slide on the day was taken loop sided as well. Overall, I could actually choose not to take the frame. After all, it's just diploma right....Haha.


And then we head to cousin sis's house. She cooked holiao as our lunch. Holiao as in fish, soup, duck, vegetables and pork leg! Haha...and to families had lunch together. It all tasted pretty good and I got quite full after lunch. And we started the chit-chat session with lotsa laughter. I felt kinda sleepy after all the nice food but havta do quite a lot of talking which kept me awake. Talked about some of my products and I'm pretty glad that she's willing to use it. Haha so some business done before we left butterworth.

Dad decided to take the ferry back to Penang. And the queue was really long at Butterworth jetty. It took us almost 1.5 hours to cross back to Penang. Reason? Not enough ferries? More and more consumers started using ferries to go across mainland after the huge price rise? Well, actually one of the reason is one of the ports broke down. Haha, don't really how to put it in words but, haih, it's pretty sad to see this happen. And it's pretty frustrating to wait in the car doing nothing for 1.5 hours. Why can't the government just develop properly something which is profitable? I just don't get it.

So it was near to 7pm when we reach the island. Went to Red Garden for dinner, food was expensive and proportion was too little. Inflation!

*Cham peng at RM1.50!! Like I'm in KL mamak stalls...*

Haha....so I ended my day. It felt pretty good spending with my family, and good food! Even though we had some time wasted in between.

No comments: