25 April 2010

Anzac Day


It is a day ....
"Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 April every year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for their countries."

I woke up at like 6.30am on that day to watch the parade. So can't believe that. Cz I've never been up so early to watch even Merdeka Day Parade for over erm, 19 years? Owh maybe there was one year where I was involved in the parade myself. Haha XP

The reason I woke up so early is because it was stated in the internet that the dawn service starts at 4am, and the whole place will be crowded with people from well maybe 3.45am. And I thought if I really wana see the parade I shouldn't make my suffer by tip-toeing throughout the whole parade just because I couldn't get a good view=.=
BUT....there was barely much cars or people on the streets when I left home at 7.30am. Hmmm? I was wondering what happened. Maybe because it drizzled a little in the morning...?
Anyway, I just walked around and I found myself a good spot to watch the parade, opposite Town Hall, where I can take some good photos with good background. Owh yea, they were giving out free Australia flag too...haha.
The parade did  start on time. A lot of taxis at first (I really don't know why...) then followed by armies, bands, old people especially in the parade. It was interesting at first I would say....but since I do not know that much about it, and it was kinda repetitive, so I left before the end of the parade. I had enough pictures of it anyway....and I was really sleepy.
Well, good thing I had a no school tomorrow because of this celebration!! Yippee~~~

No comments: