21 April 2010

Easter Show

Backdated: 9th April 2010, Friday...

If you've seen photos from my Facebook, you would have known that it was a huge and interesting event.
Me and some exchange buddies went to the Easter Show a day after we came back from the Melbourne trip.

That was a major annual event for Sydney. And it was huge. There were so many things happening in the event. And once again I would say that I didn't have enough time to get around the shows, the exhibitions, and the fun and thrill rides. Other than that, yeah, it costs a lot too. The entrance fee itself costs AUD26 with student concession.

We spent most of our time with the farm animals. Seen sheep shearing, and milked the cows. We pat a lot of sheep, goats, cows, and even chickens in the nursery. Saw some beautiful horses too. Not to miss, the dog show, but we were there pretty late, and sadly, I missed most of my favorite animal, the dogs! We reached the showcase after the opening hours =( Other than that, we saw a grand parade, which to me was not so much of an interesting parade, it was just full of people bringing out farm animals and walking in circles. Haha. And then we missed the pig race, which was extremely exciting and interesting cause we felt the atmosphere through peeking outside the race area.

As mentioned there were some thrilling rides too. But it was way too expensive, some of the fun rides cost a minimum of 8AUD. Ya, 8AUD for like 5 minutes? Ahh...that's too much. But me and my friend tried playing at one of the game stalls, trying to win a huge huski toy!!! The HUSKI was soooo cute. But of course, guys are perhaps better in winning these games, as we saw quite a lot of guys wondering around with huge soft toys....argh~ But anyway, we got ourselves a very cute showbag, a brand which was never heard before, but it's mascot is pretty cute, as a reward.
摩天輪,那好像是回憶裏的幸福~
I had kebab as dinner. And we head to the main arena for some fun night show. There was the girl's stunt show, toyota XX stunt show, and the motorcycle stunt show. Haha, all of them were cool! And then there was this robosaurus which I was not so interested in. The night ended with the spectacular musical fireworks!!!
很燦爛的煙花~
We were extremely exhausted by the end of the day. Imagine being out and walking non-stop from 9.30am till 11pm. Not to mention my half-broken camera. 
But I'm glad that I came here. Without any doubts, it was indeed a wonderful day.