05 November 2009

Bloomberg

SBM arranged a company visit for the students to Bloomberg, Hong Kong.
I went there on a Thursday, skipped one of my LANG class for it. But it is definitely a worthwhile visit.

The building, too tall to be taken a photo of....
The company is located at Cheung Kong Building (You know, the one owned by Lee Ka Shing), at 3X floor if I've not mistaken. The office is soooooo cool.
Once you come out from the lift, it's the office's pantry, and guess what, I really loved the design of the pantry, and to me it's more like a mini bar.All sorts of snacks (healthy ones and junk food) and drinks available. They even a cool coffee maker. And guess what, everything there is for free!!

A presentation was then given by one of the HR staff from Bloomberg, andit was pretty interesting. I didn't know that Bloomberg is THIS great.
I like the tour around the office session, everything is really transparent in Bloomberg, and there is also a shooting area for news reporting etc. Each staff has at least 3 monitors in front them...wohoo, imagine how busy their work could be.
We then had some time to explore the Bloomberg system. Wow, according to Angel (the staff), you can't finish exploring even you've worked there for 10 years, coz new applications keep coming out!! Well, as a beginner, of course we just simply click here and there, and amaze ourselves. Everything else about the system is really powerful, but there's just one little thing I don't like about it, it uses the font and theme similar to the old DOS system, or more like Lotus 123!! haha.......


Well, we're not supposed to take any pictures of the office.This was taken....err, secretly~~
Anyway, it made me feel like working in this company. Hope I can have the chance though, even it's just a 1 month internship~~

2 comments:

王籽翔 said...

conventional black screen white wording prevents eye fatigue, or so they said ... but i think it's useful lo....

might wanna switch work to news agency too, but the closest i can get now is B....ernama? hahahz

hope i can work there too....

Lyn said...

haha:)
Sure can de~~ Maybe after you gain more experience? It should be fun!!

Jiayou la~
I oso semakin duno where I am heading to......