26 November 2009

Campus Development Kickoff

17th November 2009.
One day to remember, for our university.

This is to kickoff the construction and development of our campus towards year 2020.
[Sounds like the Malaysian vision 2020 =.=]
Anyway, it's a super grand day. A lot of VIPs were invited, and even the first President of HKUST, Prof Chia-Wei Woo attended the event.
I guess there's no other similar events where all these important people (Presidents, VPs, Deans...) come together on stage at the same time.

So what has this thing gotta do with me?
Yaya, representing Malaysia, I am escotting one of the VIPs, sadly, he's one person that I do not know and I have 0 info about him, the Dean of School of Engineering. =.=

Anyway, about 2 months ago, when I agreed to help out in this thing, I didn't know that it's THAT huge.
Until about one week before the event, when tonnes of event information were sent to me, and emails from the Office of University Development and Public Affairs were received by the university community.

I wore the baju kebaya (hmm, first time in my life perhaps?=.= and I can't believe this first time happened in HK) lended from the Malaysia Tourism Board. Only one layer of silk, and nothing else. And it was around 10 degree celcius outside. Probably the coolest week ever in a November of HK.

Me looking stupid on stage~~
The stage used for the graduation was also used for this event. Decorations on the stage and surrounding atrium was pretty cool. Great audio and visual system were setup. And there are around 20 other international students doing the same thing as me, representing different countries, and they are sooooooooo beautiful. (and their costumes are so much nicer than mine =.=)

Wohoo....the beautiful costumes, and ladies~

Africa!!

I really liked their costume!!
Well, I had a quick task, escot the VIP up on stage, put on the Malaysian flag on to the sphere thing, shout out "Great Vision for New Era", leave the stage, and I'm almost done. There were then speeches, opening ceremony, the 75 meters long dragon dance (led by out President), and some performances by the socities. And it's FOOOOOOD time. Four booths were setup, namely Asia, America, Europe, Africa. There were some great snacks served, super long queue too~~ I was also responsible for giving out candies to the people, candies from all around the world.....and it's kinda fun seeing people enjoying these free stuff. Owh ya, while I gave out some candies, one of the random came to take a photo with me....*wink*


The 75-meter long thingy~

So the day and all the fun ended around 6.30pm. And I guess I got sick because of this, as I "ate too much cold wind"~~ =.=
Haha, they should compensate me for this!!!!
Anyway, enjoy the photos~~
(There are more....but I'm just too lazy to upload everything...hehe)

Me with the basket of candies~

No comments: