04 November 2009

Nick's Miracle

He is a miracle.
I first saw his video on Youtube around a year ago. It was so inspiring.


And today, I saw him, live in Hong Kong.
Even more fascinating.
He placed a lot of motivating thoughts and stories together, and made everything sounded so real and so possible.

Touched, I would say.
And what's even better is, I got this HKD150 worth event ticket for free!
I am actually surprised with the crowd attending this event. A few thousands of people in the auditorium I guess. And he had a translator for him. There's no doubt that the translator is really enthusiastic, but the funny part was, a lot of stuff was wrongly translated. =.=

Nick's parents nearly gave him up when he was born without limbs. And he nearly gave himself up at the age of 10. Love was what made him stay, and love will keep him strong in facing future live challenges.
"Love, unconditional love can heal a broken heart. Love goes on a long way...." Nick Vujicic.
"The greatest way to heal your heart is to be an instrument to heal other people's heart"

He told us about how he started school, entered university and graduated with a double degree in Accounting and Financial Planning, and how he started his journey on becoming a speaker. It was simply, amazing.
"If you can't see hope, it doesn't mean hope is not there..." Nick Vujicic. 

The whole auditorium paid full attention to every single word he says. And we were lucky to have the opportunity to listen to him playing the electronic drumset instrument. He was soooooo cool. Too bad we were not allowed to take any photos or videos.
"I will never be you, and you will never be me; that's the most beautiful thing about life." Nick Vujicic. 
We always claim "I give up!" whenever we meet with obstacles, or failures. We just easily, give up.
I have shouted that I wanna give up this and that for XX times last month. I remembered how I always wanted to avoid the problems, from just giving up........
"Keep trying. You do not fail until you give up..." Nick Vujicic.

I'm glad that I made my way to listen to his talk, of course, at the same time I would like to thank Dragon Foundation for the free ticket. It was definitely a memorable experience.



For all of you who would like to know more about Nick, just google his full name or search for his videos in Youtube. You will definitely be touched with what you see. Also, do visit the foundation found by him @ http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

No comments: