31 October 2009

Halloween@HK


Halloween is never a big thing in Malaysia.
But, in Hong Kong, it's the total opposite.
I guess in other western countries too~~

More than a month ago, Halloween decorations and related events could be found at some big merchant stores and franchises around Hong Kong.
And the two most famous theme parks in Hong Kong, i.e. Ocean Park and Disneyland actually make huge profit out of the celebration of Halloween.
Ocean Park has its tailor made and exclusive Halloween attractions, about 8 scary rides and ghost houses to visit, and of course more scary "stuff" wondering around the park. The tickets just for the Halloween attractions (entrance after 5.30pm) will cost you as high as HKD495!! Their website for Halloween is cool though http://www.halloweenbash.com.hk/en/ ...haha, and they made several crazy advertisement videos which can be viewed through youtube.
As for Disneyland, they do have some decorations and a few ghost rides, but they are not exclusive though. Which means buying the normal park ticket will also entitle you to the Halloween attractions at night. And Disneyland has much lesser scary stuff, well I guess it's because afterall, Mickey and Donald can't be really scary no matter how awful they are dressed up It's still a magical land. Even Jack Skellington looks kinda cute to me, haha.
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/html/Halloween/en_US/


I wanted to visit the Ocean Park one this year. But too bad, midterms are all around during this Halloween season. =( Sob, so I guess I'll try again next year?



--Ghost Mansion@HKUST--

Nevertheless, I still do get "some" Halloween feel within campus. Students are pretty crazy about the Halloween celebration. Different societies organize different events, where most of them created their very own Halloween attraction. There were quite a lot of decorations at student halls, and there is a HKUST Ghost Mansion at one of our common rooms.

Well, just to get a taste of the quality of the Ghost Mansion, I gave it a try last night. It costs me HKD10. Well I guess it's pretty worthwhile paying the price. They did put in a lot of effort and I think it was quite fun =) I did "bullied" some of the ghosts though...haha. They even gave out some sponsored colored drinks after that. And I guess I'll be more scared and it'll be even crazier if more people came along in a gang~ Haha....Great job, Drama Society~~

A comparison of the leaflet of Halloween@Ocean Park and Halloween@HKUST...hehe~

So, Happy Halloween Everyone!!

No comments: