07 March 2010

The Amazing Race

It was not so much a race actually. An event organized by Unimates, a student run organization, mainly for international students, for USYD.

After dealing with all the crap the night before, we were actually very tired to wake up and to run around the city. But then, we didn't want to waste our first Sunday after school reopened sitting at home.

By the way, we meaning me and my roomates - Shinetin and Stephanie.
The marching band-They look as though they're just in middle school or something~
We gathered at the Harry Potter building at 11am. There was some school band playing some songs in full uniform. Don't really know what happened though. But the amazing this was, they have 18 snare drums in a small band!! Haha.
Me looking super idiotic in the air =.=
Then the whole thing started at around 1130. The reason I said it was not so much of a race is because there was no competition or any incentive to make us run faster, or complete all tasks sooner. We just have to solve the clues and that's it!

Our first few stops were pretty close to uni, places that we have been there before. Glebe Market, Wentworth Park and Fish Market. Owh, and I bought myself a AUD10.50 seafood platter again. Yummy.
Then the real thing starts. 1st destination was to Darling Harbour, OMG I have been visiting this place too often, and I really don't wanna get sick of it so soon...haha. Then Chinatown, Oh this is even worse.....and it made me think of giving up and just go back home to sleep. You know how sleepy I was....but then, because we were already in a small group, it feels kinda bad to just leave like that. So I stayed on.

We had 7 destinations in total.The next one was Queen Victoria Building, then Town Hall, Hyde Park, St Mary's, Art Museum and Rose Garden. Luckily, I haven't been to any of the last 3, so it made my day better. Those places were really really nice. The Rose Garden is such a romantic place for people to get married. Haha.

Then the race ended without any "closing ceremony" or some "words from the organizer"....We then walked to Sydney Opera House...and we saw the bridge across the sea. Spectacular view, and I believe that will be so much nicer during night time.

It was a nice day, we thought, and it would be so much better if that homeless idiot did not join the race. And one more thing, perhaps I would not be that sleepy if there were some cute guys for me to chat with in our group. Hahaha =)

No comments: