14 March 2010

The nothing-much-to-do Sunday - White Valentines

We were supposed to go to the zoo today.

But, everyone was too tired. Tired of the not-supposed-to-be-tiring beach activities yesterday, and tired of schoolwork perhaps, tired of spending too much $$ in a weekend?
And so we decided to just sit back and relax at home, and finish whatever we have to to prepare for the next week.
I wasn't that obedient to stay at home though.
There were so many things happening outside and I really want to get myself out of my room and check them out. There was a food fest at Centennial Park, and a Wine Fest at Hyde Park. But all requires head charge to test the food or the wine. Well, I decided to go get some photos. I didn't go to Centennial Park though because it was a little far away, by foot.
It was just another weekend, shopping at Paddy's Market, wondering around the city to check if there're any other employment opportunities and photo taking. I did tell you that I'm desperate for a job right?

Owh ya, and it's White Valentines too, a day where guys are supposed to give back girls chocolate, if the girl gave the guy chocolate on 214 Valentines Day.
Well, honestly, I just found out that this day is originated by the Japanese, reflecting their unique culture of 「お返し」--giving back. http://www.tanutech.com/japan/valentine.html -- this explains a lil more if you're interested.

2 comments:

Coffee said...

ああ~"お返し"? ....これは文句を言うですか。hahaha .....戻した後私はあなたを与えるが来る。

Lyn said...

Haha. 気にしないで。私はあなたのチョコレートを与えていないよ~~