19 March 2010

Week 3 @USYD

Things are getting tensed up. I am currently settled down with 6 course, 36 credits, while normal people only takes 4 courses with 24 credits. I managed to arrange my timetable and am currently enjoying a 4 day long weekend. Yippee.. However, I do have 2 clashes in such a timetable, and I will listen to the recordings of those classes that clashes. One more thing, I don't really have any lunch time for schooling days from Mondays to Wednesdays. This means....STARVE! Yeah I'll only be having breakfast, and then dinner 9 hours later.
I have been interviewed by the Starbucks manager and he likes me and he said that he's goinna give me a reply by today or Monday (either to work at his store or other stores, but amazingly, in this huge NSW, there're only 9 Starbucks in total =.=). I have tried making sushi at a Korean-run Japanese Sushi place in Broadway Shopping Centre, one place across the street from where I stay. I would have to say that making sushi is definitely fun but.....making sushi at a korean place just doesn't sound right, owh ya, and the pay is freaking low.
Other than that, I just got accepted into the Internship Program for Study Abroad and Exchange students of the uni, which means that I MIGHT end up with 7 courses (because the internship is credit based), and that will kill me, and people thought that I am insane. It's an internship working with Sydney Observatory - a project on planning a holiday program for kids. Well, it definitely has nothing to do with my future career, but I supposed it will be a good experience for me, working with people that are extremely laid back? I haven't decided, as I'm kinda stuck with the number of courses I am allowed to be enrolled into. This is pretty much what happened throughout the week I guess?
One more thing, I have been really trying to study these few days, but I guess all my attempts weren't that successful. Oh gosh, can someone just gimme some suggestions on how to be more diligent? And how to extend my concentration span?
Being too busy during exchange definitely isn't good. I need some free time to hang out with people, to visit more places that I am supposed to, and to explore as much as I could. Hmm, how am I goinna achieve that?
I'll have a busy weekend again I think. Well, I guess this is what an exchange is supposed to be like.....there's never ending stuff waiting for you to do!!

In case you are wondering what the hell is the photo doing in the middle of my blog, this is one of my meals that I made here. It is a sort of instant food, and it took me around 105 minutes to prepare it. It only costs....I guess AUD1.50 the most? Haha, a great way for poor people to save money huh~~

2 comments:

王籽翔 said...

heyz, glad to hear that ure living the fullest out there XD
if for me then maybe i already pengsan long time ago?

Some will just speed up their walking pace, so dat they can finish the journey, some just dont care to finish, just as long to make every footsteps count, depending on wat kinda person you are, sometimes we just cant have the both world i guess....

Same being you wanna social and experience the lifestyle more while making your time here useful to the fullest?

hm... my employer is australian, so tell me about it, their helpdesk will just ask us to mail them the question aft i explained panjang lebar in the phone and they still take 3 hrs to "read thru" the mail and by the time they're done I've already finished my shift XD. while our malaysian IT counterpart settled the issue using five mins?
quite a culture shock for me too i'd say, especially if you already adapted to highly efficeint HK lifestyle so to say... (HKUST one day mail reply policy still shocked me XD)

Hope everything will turn out fine for u. Keep smiling XD

Lyn said...

Haha...thanks a lot 哦~such a long time since I received long comments liao XD XD.

Take care and have a nice life there too!!! =)