25 June 2008

Fast Food @ Sunrise Tower

The beautiful Sunrise Tower in Gurney Drive, where these 2 fast fodd restaurants are located.

I had lunch at Pizza Hut Sunrise Tower with some secondary school schoolmates. Well the gathering was pretty great as I haven't meet them for quite some time, and this is definitely the time for some updates.

We chose Pizza Hut just because we can't really find any other good and affordable but not McD food inside Gurney Plaza. And Pizza Hut has the value meal thing which is pretty much satisfying and not too expensive. So we walked to Pizza Hut for lunch.
And.........the service in that restaurant was....
really BAD!

Aih. At first, no one actually attend to us when we walked up to the dining area, we had to find tables and seats by ourselves. Fine, since business was quite good and they looked quite busy.

There were no clean tables which could fit in 5 people at that time. So we sat down at an uncleared table and we need to ask the waitress to clear things up. Fine, they are busy.
There were 5 of us. And the waitress only brought us ONE set of menu. Owh I guess the menus are too heavy. Fine, we could share afterall.

We took quite some time to decide what to order. That's not a problem. The problem lies in we seemed to be invisible to any of the staff there. No one came to us for our order for like 15 minutes? Then we waved and called and even lightly shouted at them? Only they kam luan(willing) serve us.

Walao.....this is first class service.

We were really really hungry by then. The waitress wasn't really polite when she took our order anyway, but who cares, I just want my food. If you've been to Sunrise Pizza Hut, you'll know who are those people working there.
It didn't take too long till our food arrive. The new flavors for the Sensasi Delight meal wasn't really nice. I've tasted all of them and I really prefer the original recipe.
Hmm, I ate 4 pieces of personal pan pizza and stuff crust, a bowl of mushroom soup with a few pieces of garlic bread, plus some lagsana which my friend couldn't finish and in the end another extra piece of pizza! Owh ya and I nearly ommitted the my drink. Poof... Totally loaded.
For a person like me, I'll make sure that everything on the table is cleared before we leave. So I finished up all the food and felt so uncomfortable after I reach home. Aih.....=.=
The last complain about the service, the can't even smile a little when we were about to settle our bill.

Slow Slow Slow. That's the normal pace they work.
This is not the first time I'm experiencing this. It's just getting more and more disappointing.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Now we move to the fast food outlet just beside Pizza Hut Sunrise Tower, McDonalds.

So what's wrong with them? I did not dine in at that day. But I was pissed off some time ago with their service too.
I used to fancy this outlet of McDonalds when I was much younger(I mean when I was a kid). Simply because it looks bigger than other in-shopping-mall outlets and it has a playground at the second floor. Haha.

One day, roughly 3 months ago, I was on my way to the bus station at night and was pretty hungry so I decided to take away some McDonalds to eat in my car. The queue was long that night, as expected, it's Friday night. So I lined up. The service was, I could say not fast. But still I waited patiently till it's my turn. They had some sort of coupon promotion that time where you can get a free a la carte listed when you purchase any large McValue Meal. So I used the voucher along with the Kids Club Card (where you get a free fries or sundae for every RM5 purchase). The first waiter did not say anything and went to prepare my food after my order. Suddenly another person came to attend to me saying that if I were to use the promotion voucher I can't use the Kids Club Card anymore. I stunned and I told them I have been using this in other outlets, both Gurney Plaza and Prangin Mall which seems to be accepting this, and they gave me a lame reason saying that the rules have changed. *!!*
Then I requested a drink change. Instead of Coca Cola I wanted F&N Orange. As I was in the rush I didn't have time to check my bill and when I got back to my car, I discovered that there was an extra charge for the orange! Instead of the soft drink orange they gave me orange juice which is not what I wanted!

First class service.

A day before the promotion for the coupon ended, I went to Gurney Sunrise again to use it for Breakfast Meal. It was 1055hrs and they say breakfast time is over. Fine then, I asked for a comment form to write about what happened before and the lady told me they don't have such thing as a comment form. *????* Then what the heck is the comment box and notice for? Argh...a notice asking for feedback and comments was really posted up there! Okay fine. Then I saw another notice outside the glass door stating that due to the high demand of McMuffins they are currently out of stock and to apologize for the inconvenience, they will extend the voucher promotion till 15th May(Originally 30th April). Guess what, when I asked my colleague to buy me the McD breakfast on the morning of 12th May, the staff said that the promotion has already ended!!

Oh dear, this is how the fast food restaurants work.

No one really cares actually, cause business is so far so good. Right?

No comments: