08 May 2008

Coffee treat

I enjoy coffee and tea with milk since young, Nescafe the most.
I used to order
teh peng when I have meals in the hawker center. Till a point where phrases like "teh peng is not good for health" is passed mouth to mouth, I started looking for drinks which taste like teh peng, but not teh peng.

At last, I found this famous drink from Hong Kong, named
yin yang, and in normal hawker centers, cham peng. A mixture of coffee and tea.
Woah.....so nice and refreshing.


During my diploma studies, I started working in a
high-class cafe, Starbucks. Was hoping to work for Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf but due to some unforeseen circumstances, Starbucks came into my way. And to be frank, I'm a huge fan of Coffee Bean Ice Blended drinks and I'd never buy any Starbucks drinks before I become a part time barista.

I enjoyed working there. And had a lot of fun serving coffee and other beverages to customers. Of course, I love tasting the products there too. My highest record should be 5 espresso shots in a cup of coffee by 12am? Haha, that's really fun. The best thing is, I never got addicted with coffee. I just have it after meals or during work. I never even bother to make myself a cup of coffee at home.

I Discovered that Starbucks serve great Caramel Macchiatto and Frappucinno Blended Cream.:D

I stopped my job as a barista since April 1st. Undoubtedly I would say that I kinda miss working there, despite being treated in a different kind of way by my store manager, I just love the atmosphere there. Since then, my first visit to Starbucks would be end of April. And I had a treat from my ex-supervisor, A Sherpard's pie and a Grande Dulce De Leche Latte(I'm not sure whether I got the name correctly...=.=). It just tastes great after so long, and being served as a customer.

Well, if there is a chance, yeah, I would like to continue my work there. No doubts. I just feel thankful that I'd known this bunch of coffee-enthusiasts and shared some coffee experiences together. And, a bunch of great friends too.... So, thanks to Alice, Torres, Annaz, Phaik See, Sabrina, See Ling, KK, Chin Teik and ex-partners Elaine, Kelly, Stephen, Benny.
Cheers to all that I've known from Starbucks!^ ^

No comments: