17 May 2008

BS Clearance

I didn't plan for this.
I wanted it sometime around this time. I know I want to clear it before I go to KL.

But I didn't really set, when.


Until I came for Brandon's class on Friday, 6.25pm. And I felt that I'm ready for it.
If both Brandon and Sam could make it, this will be it.

So I asked permission from Brandon and he asked whether I'm ready. "Yeah, I think so..."I don't sound confident huh....

Then I told WeiYe that I want to team teach with her, she told me to do tracks 8 onwards. Good thing actually, she didn't know that I wanted clearance in her class.

Then I text Sam regarding clearance tomorrow. Only got his reply by 2330hrs.

Yes, so it's a clearance tomorrow.
Prepared for the choreo, scripting and everything. To be honest I didn't prepare as much as the 1st clearance. Instead, I got myself ample sleep, which I think is pretty important.

Woke up early the next morning. Arrived to the gym before 1000hrs, practiced and revised through some tracks, took some snacks and I'm ready to go.

Yup, by that time, only Brandon and Sam knows that I'm clearing. It's better to keep it low profile I think. At least I don't feel stressed.
1200hrs. Time for the class.

WeiYe actually got a shock when Brandon walked in with the evaluation folder. She even asked, evaluating me or you? Hahahaha......

So we started the class with some interesting older releases. There were not too much people in the class. But I do see Judy, Woo and Osmond in the class. Okay, I'll try not to be nervous.
It went pretty well up to my turn to teach. I taught "Get Me Bodied" in Party Step which I really like. No choreo errors throughout the last 3 tracks, till peak. I could say that I'm satisfied. And I really thank Judy's support for clapping after I did tracks 9 and 10.
It made me smile a lil more.

And I was smart enough to choose a track which does not have that much push-ups for the track 11 cause I really suck doing push-ups. Hahaha.....then its cool down.
Yup yup, I'm satisfied.
Took a drink, take a deep breath, it's evaluation time.

Still there were a lot of feedback. But thank god I corrected every single thing Brandon pointed out regarding technique during the 1st clearance. And he knows that I did work for it. There were quite a lot of new technique errors that he discovered. Which made me feel a little exhausted. And they pointed that I did not CRC at all in the class. I think I tried but it doesn't look like a CRC? Haha....I know it's really hard, needing to concentrate on your choreo, techniques and all the members?
I'll work on it.

And I know they expect much more from me....Yaiksssss >.< style="font-style: italic;">"Happy happy joy joy" ....
what Brandon loves to say in Step classes.

So dear people, thanks to those who supported me all way long, and even during clearance
And do visit my classes if it's possible? I promise I'll improve and do better each and every time yea....

Cheers!
After 2 years plus of waiting...I can teach my own class^.^

2 comments:

Alan said...

Congrats! I never knew you can do a back date post in blogger. Can wan meh?

Lyn said...

Yealor...aboden.
Haha...don't you feel that my posts are sooo slow.
Thanks for your support all the while!