31 May 2008

The weekend

I had a real tiring Saturday.

At first, I had quite a nice sleep, that should be a good thing.


Then I left the house with Kim at about 12 something. She dropped me at 1-utama to catch Rapid KL to go to KLCC. It seems that there are no direct bus from here to KLCC and I had to switch buses in KL Central. Fine then.
But the first bus I'm taking is travelling from one end to another, meaning 1st stop 1-utama and last stop KL Central. Which means it will be a one hour plus journey.
Sien nia......

Okay, so I was half scenery-looking and half book reading. And wondering how good will it be if I have my own car or even just a motor to transport myself around! There are so many shops that I would like to drop by, or maybe just some window shopping.
I reached KL Central around 1345hrs. And stood there waiting for the next bus.

The weird thing about a bus stand is there's no seats at ALL! How pathetic could that be.....well, although I'm not carrying anything heavy but still, sitting while I wait is definitely much more comfortable than standing. Without knowing what is the frequency of the bus, I just waited blindly. One by one buses passed by, some of the bus numbers even repeated twice or thrice! But patheticly, not the bus I wanted to take.
Till its about 1415hours, I just couldn't wait and I decided to take the LRT. Who expects to see the bus pass by when I was on my way up the escalator. Argh....quickly I rush my way down back to the waiting line, and thank god I got in to the bus. Well, most of the people must have wondered why not I just take the LRT since it's going the same way? here is the stupid answer, I'd rather forgo my time for cheaper fares, which means if I take the bus it'll only cost me RM2 to and fro, whereas if I take the LRT the cost will be doubled up. Stupid me huh....

Okay so I reached KLCC at a few minutes pass 3. Much much much later than the time I expected. And guess what, I took freaking 3 hours to go from Damansara to KLCC! Yay...just equivalent to the journey from KL to Bukit Merah maybe....=.=

When I entered the mall, I could hear pretty clearly voices of people screaming. Just like you're on the roller coaster. Weird. So as I approached nearer to the center hall, I saw loads of people around the stage at the Canon Camera Exhibition Corner. So there must be some celebrity visit. Wondering who is it, I hopped up and down. As if I could see anything with my height=.= Haha....so I managed to hear something from their conversation with the emcees. So its Farenheit, so called 4 entau ba-s from Taiwan. Just for fun, I tried taking photos of them. But as I said, with my height, its pointless. A lot of people actually asked the Canon worker who was stading at a higher platform to take a photo for them. Haha....and I did that too.
See those cameras trying to take a shot of them? Beh tong nia....
So I'm not any big fan of them, no point waiting and squeezing there, with no outcome. Moreover I guess I'm too old to catch up with these activities. I went down to RotiBoy to buy my brunch. Two RotiBoys for RM3.60. Not cheap. Anyway, it was hot and nice. When I came up, the crowd was still there and the celebrities are about to leave. They left through the escalator and bravo...with all the girls trying to touch them or whatsoever, the side mirror of the escalator broke down. Aih....kesian nia.....
I moved on to the exhibition. There were more people today as compared to last Wednesday. And I got myself pretty much cheap books. Well, all of the books are on at least 20% discount. And you even have some of the cool books under hot promotion at only prices below RM20. I walked around, browsing through section by section in detail. In the end, the bill totalled up to nearly RM170(that's only for the chinese books section). O.O Fuyohhh.....got myself a shock too...
That's not all. I got myself some stationery, some stamps and bottles of perfume too.....haha.









hoho....my books..........
Some screen shots of the exhibition...not taken by me though....I was too concentrating on the books















Was eager to buy the collectibles and merchandise of Beijing Olympics 2008. But it was too expensive. Aih, i just love the adorable mascots, but too bad I had to give it up.











Hahahaa...don't they just look adorable?

There were even some packet food and drinks(like green tea and wong lou kat?) on sale. A lot of idea gifts at huge discounts too....$$..$$ No money la....
And I don't really have enough time to look through every single booth and section. Too bad. Before I could move on to the English Section, it's already 2000hrs. I had to leave or else I might reach home by, midnight?

Okay, headache comes again. How should I go back? Will it be another 3 hour journey? I hope not....aights.

Wanted to take the bus. Didn't know where to wait and the guard asked me why not just take the LRT. Well, true. I don't have much time to waste. So I went to buy the LRT ticket, and it cost my RM1.60. Stupid me, why didn't I just take the LRT this afternoon since it is cheaper and faster?

Then I took a bus and it dropped me at the road junction to the curve. Which is like 10 mins driving distance from Kim's house? And unfortunately they are not around that area which means I need to walk back home? And that was already 2130hrs? Oh, tiring. And I had lots of books in hand!

What to do.....wanted to ask for a taxi. But it seemed they're all reluctant to go into Damansara Perdana. And when I asked how much they charge to go to the nearest LRT station, to my amaze, RM30!
Hell of a fortune.

I walked. With all the weights. This should be good training huh....I reached home, sweaty. 2210hours.

Okay, had to contact Kim. No choice but I need to trouble them to get to the LRT or else I'll miss the last LRT.

Did I mention why I had to go to the LRT? Yeah, because if I overnight at Kim's place I would have to wake up 5am or probably earlier the next morning to go to KLCC as my first class starts at 8am. So I'd rather go back to Taman Melati where there's direct LRT to KLCC.

0020hrs. The next morning. I haven't had dinner.
Amazing huh.....

It's a real real real tiring day, I even got frustrated at times. Trust me. Living in KL without your own vehicle ain't fun.
I gotta sleep. Workshop tomorrow!!!

No comments: