28 May 2008

Wednesday

It's Wednesday.

I don't really have any big plans today, so I slept till my alarm woke me up. 0930hrs.
Was wondering around. Writing some notes, and jotting down my heavy expenses.

Till it's time for my friends to go to college. 1400hrs.
I planned to skip lecture today and go to the largest book fest in KLCC. There will be an author attending the fair giving a small talk and an autograph session. So I reached the venue just in time. Asked for directions, and headed to the main convention hall. The book fest is actually quite a walking distance from Suria KLCC, the shopping mall. And I still haven't taken any formal breakfast or lunch. Just a cup of milo before I come.

The hall is really really huge. It's a combination of 5 halls. The first thing I looked for as I reached there was the ticket counter. Entrance fee is RM2 per person per day. Free for students ONLY below 18 and kids below 12(Haih, as though college students are rich people). I got the booklet, the wrist band and entered the hall. Yeah, as seen from outside, really huge. Second thing, the stage for the talk. Now where the hell is it......and I've gotta ask for directions again. The 'best' part was that I need to walk all the way to the last hall and to the back of the hall. It's far la.....=.=

Managed to catch up with the talk. I guess the author is not used to public talks, haha. The speech wasn't too long. The main focus would be on the autograph and drawing session. He drew different drawings for each book everyone bought on the spot. The drawings were quite simple, but interesting.
After that I started hunting for books. From section to section, left to right, up and down. By that time, I'm really hungry! Met Xiaoqin and we had a little chit chat as we browse through the books.

1700hrs. I really need to eat! But the thing is, where should I go to get some eatable and economic food? It's KLCC you know, a place where you will be charged RM1 for each half an hour of parking! Hahaha.....thank god they have Cold Storage here, where I can get some pre-packed food. RM2.20 for a really small packet of nasi goreng kampung. Just enough to fill my hunger pangs. Then I walked around the mall searching for places with wi-fi facilities. Failed of course. Got a bit furstrated, as I really need to stay connected to the internet and it has been 5 days since I last check my email. Aih....in the end, I'd no choice but to go back and continue book hunting.

Not long after that, my friends arrived and we headed for dinner. Wanted to leave KLCC and go to some hawker stalls for cheaper food. Ended up being lost for more than an hour in no-where land of Selangor. We even nearly land up in KLIA because of the wrong turns. Yeah, this is KL and for us newbies, moving around isn't an easy task. Just one missed turn will cause you to reach somewhere you've never been to. Like a huge maze. Scary at times. We're hungry, just wanna get some simple food la....

Phew, it was about 2100hrs when we finally get back to somewhere we're familiar with, Petaling Street. And luckily they do sell food. Haha.....had some weird-taste chicken rice, and a honey dew. Owh and some gui ling gao too....Then, it's time to head back home.
We thought it should be fast, but, we got lost again=.= Stopped at McD to take a break, and to grab chance to online. But apparently they claim that they do not have any Wi-Fi connection when we actually detected a network under the name of BigMac...Hmm.....
After we finally finally managed to find home, we decided to drop by CC to just, online for awhile. 36mins for RM1.50.
What another tiring day....

Tomorrow? I shall attend lecture and stay away with traffic. See what it's like being an advanced diploma student.

No comments: