27 May 2008

Wedding


Not mine of course.....Haha.

Me and my family went down to Johor on Saturday. And I drove the first half of the journey. Haha. This is my first time driving on the highway and first time driving dad's waja, pretty exciting actually. Luckily I didn't get much nagging from dad, who sat just beside me with eyes wide opened all the way long. The weather was okay as we departed at 6.45am from home, not really sunny, but quite misty. I didn't really speed, just between 120-150km/hr maybe? Haha.....syoknya....hopefully I don't see a police bill arriving my house door a few months later. Sis took over my place after Sungai Buloh. We stopped a couple of times throughout the journey, and one of the rest area in Johor named Pagoh is a real disaster...........How? Yea, with flies attack. Flies all around the place, the food, the fruits, the stalls, the table, the sink, the bin, the seats, the people...... Even walking will cause a fly death on the floor. Just imagine. How are we supposed to eat at such environment=.= And it cost dad RM6 for a chicken rice!! Just because the chicken rice stall is out rice, dad has to buy it separately and how dare they sell a quarter chicken half with chicken bones for RM5!....haih, what to do. No choice. After lunch, we continued our journey under quite sultry weather until we met a serious lorry accident and got a lil bit jammed on the road. 3 lanes into 1 lane. And thank god, not long after that, it's my uncle's place.

That leads to.....really GOOOOOD food.
Haha, what I really look forward to coming to Johor is definitely the food. My favorite Kiam Chai Th'ng(Salted vege soup)! Other than that, we had some curry chicken, lor bak, jiu hu char, and some vegetables. Satisfying meal. Unfortunately we found a lil part of our car was broken, the plastic covering front wheel, and we gotta get to the workshop immediately. Luckily it could be repaired on the spot. After reaching my aunt's house we took a nap until it's dinner time.

It's my cousin sister's wedding. And there were a lot a lot of people invited to the wedding eve. Same nice food again. And I had...I think 3 plates of rice? Hahahahaha.....really enjoyed. Meanwhile I saw my little one month plus old nephew. He is so cute...and we played and talked to him. Predicted to be an active guy when he grows up. We had some plans on how to trouble the bridegroom as well. Haha, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

0930hrs next day. The bridegroom arrived just about that time. And let the games begin.

Everyone dressed up and looked nice. And there was a buffet line....lots of nice food again. Beef, chicken, prawns, fish, squid, vegetables, beehoon, rice......and yea, I ate almost 3 rounds again. Ahhh....where will all the fat and calories go....

Then it was the tea serving ceremony, and also ang-paos for those not unmarried.

The buffet line was too much, more than half left in the end. Everything was packed for meals for days to come. Haha, or else it would be a waste, thinking of the victims of Szechuan and Myanmar.

After a short nap, we went to Jaya Jusco Tebrau City. It's something like Queensbay Mall, high-end market just not as big. There are some shops which are not available in Penang selling cool attires too. I bought myself a top from one of them. The bakery was really great and the aroma was nice. How I wish I could buy all those cute and unique buns back. Haha, cakes were attractive too. Unable to finish exploring the mall, we had to go back as it's time to prepare for the dinner.

Well, I forgot to bring my pants that I'm supposed to wear for the night! Argh.....so how? Wear jeans? Haahaha......who cares right, I'm not the bride.

So after a messy makeup, we went to meet uncle and fortunately I met my personal image designer, my cousin sister in-law who borrowed me some good stuff to go along with my dress. Was not really comfortable with it as that's not my usual style, the very very casual and t-shirt-jeans like one. So from there we go, to the restaurant.

The dinner started about 7.45pm. And the bride looked so glamorous. Red-Pink gown, with a little crown on the head. Just so beautiful......

And then, time for FOOD...again. The dinner was really great, with lots of variety, and HUGE portion. The shark fins soup, the chicken with the mantou, the cod fish, the lotus leaf rice, the mushroom and vegetables, the prawns and squids and lots more. Most of tables didn't manage to finish the food, especially those with a lot of kids at the same table, and most of them packed back home.
Thinking of those victims from earthquake and cyclone, I hope that we don't waste any food tonight.
I had some red wine, yeah, once in awhile, it's really good.
Some of my relatives went back drunk, haha. To much alcohol.

And we ended the day. Back home, and a nice sleep.

The next morning, we planned to depart for Port Dickson at about 10am. But due to some unforeseen circumstances, it was delayed till 12pm.=.= Such a huge delay huh...Well, we had some nice food as well before leaving Johor, besides aunty's really nice home-made bak chang, my uncle brought us to have some more refreshing food=no meat(It was bak kut teh originally, thank god the menu changed), bitter gourd soup. It was quite nice, and I had a lot
of rice, again.

So, off we go and we arrived PD at about 3pm. Our condo was...........looking so awfully pathetic. It was the 1st week of holidays but there are only like less than 10 cars in the whole freaking condominium. And the condition looks bad. Well, I think we scared our cousin sister and the family. I think they'd never thought that dad will bring the
m to such place. Haha......well, what to do, just for a night, so we'll just bare with it. It's a free stay, so no point counting too much. And we went out for a little meal. After the meal, we head for the PD water theme park that dad mentioned. Didn't really know where is it though, but after much discovering, we found it. In comparison with where we're staying, this theme park resort is totally, awesome. The water theme park was not huge, but it's free for all in house guests. So cousin sister decided to stay in, and we're happy for that, for the kids actually, at least they had a nice vacation there, instead of staying at the semi-haunted-creepy-condo. Hahahaha.....so me and the kids went down to the theme park, it has been a long time since I had fun in the water. It was not bad actually, the hard time is only when I need to drag the kids back to the room. Haha, after showering, we had crab dinner.

Again, we're all exhausted. Went back to our abandoned-looked condo, and went into our own sweet dreams. It's a long journey back tomorrow.

The next day, after about an hour plus on the highway, we reached KL, 1110hrs. Initially, I wanted to attend the 12pm lecture. But it ended up we being lost in no-where road of KL, we saw a lot of road signs showing ways to Wangsa Maju and Setapak, but still we couldn't find it. Lost, lost, lost, we took a break and had pizza for lunch. After some direction asking, at last, we reached Setapak. Phew....and that was 1400hrs, when my lecture ends=.=

Mum, dad and sis left after that. Well, now I begin the life being alone in KL.
Hahaha.....

Will update on the happennings soon okay. Owh ya, and some photos, as I forgot my camera cable.

No comments: